We're always looking for people with the following skills... Senior Investment Banking Officer
Senior Investment Banking Officer
Midrand, South Africa
Show Job Description
Our client is a leading and pre-eminent merchant bank owned by reputable corporate and private investors. And with almost three decades experience in the financial industry, has carved a strong market niche for itself and won several awards over the years. Its lead edge is rooted in its deep market knowledge, nimbleness, smooth and reliable processes driven largely by technology and high-quality talents. And in alignment with the quest to upscale, it requires the services of technically sound and commercially astute senior investment banking professional to drive its game changing offerings geared to serve as a one-stop shop for the clients.
Drive business development and transaction support
? Adaptable, creative, and resourceful
? Dynamic, self-motivated with a lot of work energy
? Long term focus in this field, seek deeper values and ability to develop a strong sense of ownership and responsibility, requiring minimal supervision
? Knowledgeable, professional and give attention to details
? Assertive with a very positive attitude
• Conduct market and industry research and analysis for pitch book development and maintain a robust database of key market, industry, and company data.
• Preparation of transaction and marketing materials i.e., investment teasers, confidential information memorandum, prospectus as well as standard transaction templates etc.
• Develop financial models and valuation analysis to develop valuation memorandum/reports.
• Provide information to management by collating and analyzing data, preparing reports, making presentations of findings, analysis, and recommendations.
• Conduct preliminary due diligence on client business documentation e.g., business plan, feasibility report and other relevant company information and preparing the summary reports/due diligence report arising therefrom.
• All administrative tasks including but not limited to printing and binding of proposal documents, scheduling client meetings, scheduling and planning of client/transaction meetings, meeting minutes preparation, client information filing and management and managing the Team’s work calendar.
• Building and evaluating different financial alternatives on behalf of Clients – may be required to run M&A models and showing the accretion/dilution effects to earnings based on different allocation scenarios for debt and equity in the proposed transaction.
• Responsible for business development and generating investment pipeline
• Lead the investment process including deal sourcing, initial deal screening, conduct preliminary analysis and evaluation, structuring and due diligence, portfolio management including creating value add opportunities, reporting and exit planning.
• Deal Screening, ensure that the potential transactions are in line with the Fund’s strategy, development impact objectives and highlight relevant regulatory and reputational risks, conflict of interest and environmental and social issues.
• Deliberately seek to create value add opportunities in addition to those contemplated in the investment thesis
• Oversee the compilation of periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, and annual reports).
• Leadership and People Management, provide oversight, direction and coaching to junior team members.
• Support senior staff in varied departmental planning including one or all the following: standard monthly management reporting and variance analyses, budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning. Include review and coordination of financial analysis across different departments.
• Any other duties as required by senior colleagues.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, and other related areas with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Must have 3-5 years of relevant experience with an investment banking, private equity, venture capital, research management consulting or any other strong finan